Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes he did.


"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."


We witnessed history tonight. I'm simultaneously speechless and ready to talk all night. There are way too many thoughts in my head to put together a coherent message about how I feel right now. I'm so proud to be an American tonight. I'm so proud of the American people. I was not sure they had it in them. The biggest voter turnout in 90 years, since women won the right to vote! Tonight, change really has come to America in many ways. Barack Obama is going to change the country and the world.


I think Arianna Huffington summed it up perfectly: "Obama's victory holds up a mirror, reflecting the country we are. And it turns out to be the kind of country we've always imagined ourselves being -- even if in the last seven-plus years we fell horribly short: a young country, an optimistic country, a forward-looking country, a country not afraid to take risks or to dream big."

If my adrenaline ever dies down, I will sleep blissfully tonight.

3 comments:

Riot Grrrl said...

I don't know if I'll get much sleep tonight. I'm just so excited, I don't know if I've ever felt this way before. WE DID IT!

Sarah said...

Obama gave an awesome speech last night. It was nice finding out the results so I didn't have to stay up all night to find out who won. I am so glad it is all over with and we all can just move on.

I hope I didn't come across as being offended in my comments on your last post. I love talking about these issues and hearing everyone's opinions. For me, it is all fun and games.

We are... said...

Ok...I don't often comment on political things because I try not to have a hate bashing :O) BUT I have to comment on yours from time to time because on pretty much everything I agree with you! I am extremely excited and hopeful for the future as well. I think he has already brought change, but will continue to do so! Hopefully, he can stay untainted from the "normal" people involved in government...meaning, I pray he will keep his soul there.

Anyway, Devin is extremely glad that my constant changing and arguing with different news stations is over now. I still watch it, but it doesn't take over my life...as much :O) I also have a strong drive for politics and even cried--which I never thought possible--at the end of this election! Wahoo!

I love to read your posts btw. Keep 'em comin!