Thursday, August 20, 2009

Checking in, to check out

It has been a long time since I made a quality blog post. This is not for lack of anything to blog about. I've had a pretty great summer. I spent time with Colin and my new nephew, Mason. I watched my favorite show 'Raising the Bar' religiously, and watched hours and hours and hours of baseball and sportscenter and the news. I saw movies, shopped, ate out with friends. I also worked my butt off. Most importantly, I had fun with my favorite people. Summer was busy and didn't feel like much of a break, but it was a nice change from school. Summer flew by and I cannot believe September is almost here.

Now, tomorrow is (potentially) my last first day of school. (The potential is contingent on me not going after that LLM degree that seems to be calling my name.) I'm incredibly overwhelmed with everything on my plate this semester. Overwhelmed to the point of losing sleep and driving myself crazy. It will be my most difficult semester class-wise and with what other activities i am committed to. Hands down. I will be surprised if I live to see December. I'm excited to push myself and see how much I can make of this last year of law school. I can't believe (slash have panic attacks about) how close the end is. My life could go a million different ways next July.

There have been some great changes recently and I'm excited to be where I am. I moved home. Yes, I'm 26. Yes, I live with my parents. Yes, I'm saving crazy amounts of money by doing this from now until I take the bar in July 2010. I can make it one year. I can make it one year. I have to repeat that. It is a bit of an adjustment living at home again but it is for the best, and it was a much-needed change. I am so happy I decided to make the move.

Also, I'm blogging from my new MacBook Pro, which I love.

With that said, I'm going on an indefinite blogging hiatus. As part of a school activity, I signed an agreement that I would not be posting anything electronically for the duration of my work. Therefore, no blogging. That means whoever reads this blog will be free of my opinions on the health care debate and will miss out on abundant Dodgers posts (we're going straight to the world series this year). So, goodbye blogland. I'll be back sometime in December.

7 comments:

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Good luck with your last year Kendal!

Kristen said...

Hang in there Kendal! Hope to see you again some time soon! Good luck!

Erin King said...

Ah, I'm sad! Can you at least write emails?! Talk on the phone?! :)

You can do it, K. If anyone can, you can. Hang in there!

Amy said...

You'll do great and take over the world!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

I'll miss you! Good Luck.

Sarah said...

I am totally going to miss you and your all of your thoughts on this whole health care and crazy hoopla that is going on, seriously!!!! I was just talking to my mom the other day about how wonderful and awesome your mom and dad are. I am totally looking forward to an update (on EVERYTHING) as soon as this semester is over!

Taralee said...

Well, you'll be missed, but now I just have something to look forward to when you have the green light to blog again :) For some reason I didn't see this post update until today so I'm a tad behind, owell!

How {kinda} fun to be living with your parents!!! I just love those 2! I would like to hear more about that :) Good luck and YOU ROCK!